Within me... Screaming. asking to be released; to flow freely. Life. Fire. Red. My quick-drying blood seeking contact with parchment that will never dissolve...

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Where Has the Fire Gone?

Your eyes twinkle with a subdued glow, so unlike
the fiery ones i saw when I first
had a glimpse of you writing
your ideas.

What happened?

Is it the weather affecting your mood?
Is it the season of your life today?
Is it because you lost something
dearly valued?
Have you lost your way in a maze?

Or is it because you've spent the embers
keeping your heart on fire?

The eyes are but the chimney
of the fireplace within your chest.

And when we ate sundae today
I asked why.

Your eyes averted my gaze,
I don't even see them twinkle now.

What happened?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home